Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The author(s) warrant that the text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal. The submitted manuscript is in Microsoft™ Word (.docx) or PDF file format and has been created either from the Microsoft™ Word template or from the LaTex template available from the Author Guidelines;
- The author(s) warrant that they are the sole author(s) of the Contribution which is an original work;
- The author(s) warrant that the whole or a substantial part of the Contribution has not previously been published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation must be provided in Comments to the Editor section below);
- The author(s) warrant that they or their employers are the copyright owners of the Contribution;
- The author(s) warrant that to the best of their knowledge that the Contribution does not contain anything which is libellous, illegal or infringes any third party’s copyright or other rights;
- The author(s) warrant that that they have obtained all necessary written consents for any patient information which is supplied with the Contribution and that the work reported meets Canada's Tri-Council agencies requirements (or equivalent National requirements) on the use of human or animal subjects in research
- The author(s) warrant that that they have declared or will accurately declare all competing interests to the Publisher through the Comments to the Editor section below;
The following statement must be submitted with the manuscript, as a separate supplement file, together with the relevant tick box line below:
"I [insert full name] The Corresponding Author of this article contained within the original manuscript which includes any diagrams & photographs within and any related or stand alone film submitted (the “Contribution”) has the right to grant on behalf of all authors and does grant on behalf of all authors, a licence to the Canadian Acoustical Association / Association Canadienne d'Acoustique and its licencees, to permit this Contribution (if accepted) to be published in Canadian Acoustics / Acoustique Canadienne and to exploit all subsidiary rights."
Please tick one or more boxes as appropriate:
[_] I am the sole author of the Contribution.
[_] I am one author signing on behalf of all co-owners of the Contribution.
[_] The Contribution has been made in the course of my employment and I am signing as authorised by my employer.
[_] I am an employee of the Crown acting in the course of my employment
Author(s) should download the preformated author copyright form, fill it, sign it and return it as a separate Supplement File.
- Canadian Acoustics is an English-French bilingual journal and abstract and keywords must be provided by the author(s) in both languages. Please make sure to properly fill this meta-information, using the form language selector, while submitting your manuscript to avoid any delay in the editing process. Similarly, authors are invited to provide their full mailing address to receive a free hard-copy of the journal containing their publication.
- Page charges for colour images are $250/page and can later be paid online. If you require colour printing, kindly indicate this to the editor in the message box below. Please note that images with colour content will appear in colour online regardless of whether you elect to print in colour.
- Authors who are students at a Canadian academic institution are elligible for the annual Directors' Award and are invited to indicate their academic affiliations in the Comments to the Editor section below. Keyword "student" is required in the text for the system to trigger award registration process.
Proceedings of the Acoustics Week in CanadaA two-page article is required for the proceedings of the Acoustics Week in Canada, the annual conference of the Canadian Acoustical Association. This manuscript must still be formatted using the available Microsoft Word or Latex templates.
This "Other Features" section is a container for all other material to be published in the JCAA, such as:
- Call for paper for the Acoustic Week in Canada
- CAA prizes announcements
- Minutes of the CAA Boad of Directors
- Minutes of the CAA General Assembly of Members
Letter to the EditorLetters to the editor are a critical part of the scientific community dialogue, and the Canadian Acoustics attempts to publish all letters of opinion meeting our editorial requirements. Letters must be the original work of the author and must be exclusive to the Canadian Acoustics.
The Canadian Acoustics journal encourages authors to submit their high quality case studies to the Practicioner's Corner, as long as the case study is novel, of practical significance and of sufficient scientific/technical depth. Each manuscript will be reviewed by the Canadian Acoustics Editorial Board that will enforce the journal publication policies (original content, non-commercialism, etc.) and the proper use of the simplified submission template. Manuscript length should not exceed five journal pages.
This section contains non-peer reviewed articles.
Copyright on articles is held by the author(s). The corresponding author has the right to grant on behalf of all authors and does grant on behalf of all authors, a worldwide exclusive licence (or non-exclusive license for government employees) to the Publishers and its licensees in perpetuity, in all forms, formats and media (whether known now or created in the future)
i) to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Contribution;
ii) to translate the Contribution into other languages, create adaptations, reprints, include within collections and create summaries, extracts and/or, abstracts of the Contribution;
iii) to exploit all subsidiary rights in the Contribution,
iv) to provide the inclusion of electronic links from the Contribution to third party material where-ever it may be located;
v) to licence any third party to do any or all of the above.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of the Canadian Acoustics journal and/or the Canadian Acoustical Association and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.